ק"ק בית הכנסת של הקני ולנדון המזרחית
SHABBAT SERVICES - 10.00 AM (FOLLOWED BY KIDDUSH)
SUNDAY MINYAN - 8.45 AM
HACKNEY & EAST LONDON SYNAGOGUE
at the Hackney Centre for Jewish Studies
Welcome to the website of the Hackney and East London Synagogue, a constituent member of the United Synagogue and one of the oldest Ashkenazi Orthodox congregations in London.
Formed in 1879 and originally known as the South Hackney Synagogue the community was re-named the Hackney Synagogue in 1935 and later in 1976 merged with the Stoke Newington Synagogue.
In 1993 the community amalgamated with the former East London Synagogue which had been located in Rectory Square in Stepney, and became officially known as the Hackney and East London Synagogue.
Following the recent sale of the old synagogue building in Brenthouse Road, the community now occupies new premises in Triangle Road, Hackney close to Mare Street, London Fields and Broadway Market in the newly fashionable part of the East End of London.